Lever-type, or over-the-center, binders utilize mechanical advantage to reduce the manpower required to secure a load. When using a lever-type load binder, tension can be applied and released quickly. Operators should use caution, as the handle may whip suddenly. When securement is complete, the lever stores in line with a load.
· All components are forged, not cast
· Forged binders are lighter and stronger than cast binders
· Under equal force a forged handle will yield and bend while a cast handle may break
· Design factor 4:1Characteristics
• Extra heavy construction at leverage point to prevent
spreading. Heel of binder toggles away from load,
permitting easy release.
• Ball and socket swivel joints at hook assemblies permit a
straight line pull.